Based out of Toronto, ON, Auxly Cannabis is currently looking for an Associate Brand Manager to join our Marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the ideal candidate aspires to work in the growing cannabis field with an award-winning team! We’re looking for a creative thinker that is comfortable diving into sales data and research to inform how the brand comes to life in both product and marketing activations. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing two of the of the industry’s leading brands, Foray and Dosecann.
As the Associate Brand Manager, you will engage collaboratively with internal and external teams to inspire them and work with them to deliver market leading innovation, engaging social content, bold experiential marketing events and disruptive in-store assets. If you’re passionate about wellness and look to guide new consumer’s through their cannabis journey, this is the role for you!
- Embody Auxly’s business mission and strategy and act in a responsible, ethical and honest behaviour while consistently leading by example.
- Build a sound knowledge of the Cannabis industry and all applicable regulations and take initiative in being informed of the latest developments.
- Develop a solid understanding of the retail marketplace in Canada and key consumer insights and any key changes.
- Support all aspects of brand commercialization and project management, including equipping our sales team and field reps with tools to build relationships with government boards and customers.
- Create and track optimal trade strategies along with their cross-functional team.
- Own the launch of products, including consumer research and data-based proposal to support the development of new packaging, product design, consumer programs and merchandising solutions.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Foray and Dosecann brands, their consumers, and their market competition (direct and indirect). This includes researching and understanding the brands’ performance in-market, financial contribution to Auxly, and untapped opportunities, all of which will be presented on a monthly basis.
- Develop semi-annual marketing and trade plans, rooted in clear strategies, and present them to senior leaders in the organization. Upon approval, write creative briefs to inspire our internal creative team and our agency partners.
- Manage the brand marketing budget, including reconciliation, processing, reporting and forecasting, working closely with Accounts Payable.
- Other related tasks as assigned, as as opertionally required.
- 3+ years of marketing experience with a preference to individuals with high-tiered consumer packaged goods experience focused in food, alcohol and tobacco industries.
- Superior communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation.
- Expert working proficency skills in MS Excel and Powerpoint.
What will set you apart:
- Bilingualism in English and French.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit.
Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.