Have you ever heard of liquid marijuanas drink? Or perhaps, you’ve seen one before, and you’ve been wondering how to make a liquid marijuanas shot or cocktail. Well, you’d be happy to know it is one of the most straightforward procedures you’ll ever know.
The green color of liquid marijuanas is so attractive, you want a feel of it even before getting to know what it is made up of. Some say liquid marijuanas is most refreshing and perfect for parties. Others say it is full of gorgeous fruity flavors.
Anyway, one thing we do know about liquid marijuanas is that it is one of the great-tasting drinks you’ll ever have.
Secondly, a glass of liquid marijuanas in your hands at a typical party gathering is most likely going to bring some curious attention your way – the refreshing greenish color of the drink is a perfect giveaway!
What is Liquid Marijuanas?
We understand that there’s a likelihood that the people who see or hear about liquid marijuanas may confuse it with marijuana drinks. Contrary to many speculations, liquid marijuana or liquid weed – though they may make you feel tipsy if you drink too much – do not contain any trace of cannabis.
The name “Liquid Marijuanas” comes from the refreshing green hue of the drink. Yes, there are drinks made from infusing cannabis with other beverages, but those are cannabis-infused drinks or marijuana drinks.
Liquid marijuanas has no cannabis in it, but it is still worth the trial. By following the easy guide in this article, you can make one at home.
How to Make Liquid Marijuanas Drink
Liquid marijuanas drink is relatively easy to make and packs a punch too. So you might want to check how much of it you imbibe at the end of the day.
Okay, here we go!
Further down we’ll mention the recipes for a few different versions of this cocktail. But ideally, you can choose for yourself.
- Half ounce of blue curacao
- Half ounce of Midori
- Half ounce of part spiced rum
- Half ounce of part Malibu
- Half ounce of part sweet and sour mix
- Half ounce of Jim Beam
- Half ounce of tequila
Here are the essential items you’ll need for the procedure.
- A shaker: this is for shaking the drink after mixing.
- A tall glass: A glass capable of holding 6-8 ounces of cocktails. A good example is Collins glass.
Fill the Collins glass with ice. Let it stop at about ¾ of the capacity of the glass. Now, pour your blue curacao, Midori, spiced rum, Malibu, Jim Beam, sweet and sour mix, and the tequila to continue.
If you are using pineapple juice, you may also add it at this time. Then shake thoroughly. Shaking ensures the proper combination of all the ingredients in the glass.
Next, enjoy your liquid marijuanas drink!
Knowing Your Ingredients
- Blue Curacao: It is a bright bluish-colored liquor that tastes like oranges and contributes to the drink’s bright color and savory tastes.
- Midori: This is a melon-flavored liquor with low alcohol content. You can use it to temper the alcohol content in your cocktail mix.
- Spiced rum: Rum adds character to your drinks. It is a liquor that can add some kicks to your cocktails and shots.
- Sweet and Sour Mix: Sour Mix is a simple syrup made from combining lemon and lime juice and water and sugar. It throws in a refreshing taste in your drink.
- Jim Beam: You can substitute this with your favorite whiskey or bourbon
- Tequila: You can add in the Tequila of your choice as an additional flavor. For instance, for the recipe above, you can use white Tequila.
Other Ingredients for spicing up your drink: you can choose any of the following items to make your drink more flavorful
- Schnapps: Schnapps can be confused with liquors because of their fruity flavor. It is made by fermenting fruit juices together with the base liquor.
- Apple Pucker: Apple schnapps tastes like green apple candy.
- Pineapple Juice: Adds a fruity tropical punch to your liquid marijuana drink. You can use it as part of the ingredients for the procedure described above.
As with the recipe for the liquid marijuanas shot discussed above, the preparation is pretty much the same. All you need to do is fill up the glass, shake very well and serve the drink.
#1 Liquid Marijuanas Cocktail
- 1/2 Ounce whiskey or bourbon
- 1/2 Ounce of tequila
- 1/2 Ounce Of blue curacao
- 1/2 Ounce apple schnapps
- A measure of sweet and sour mix
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice
#2 Liquid Marijuanas Cocktail
- 1/4 ounce of spiced rum
- 1/4 ounce of coconut rum
- 1/4 ounce of melon liqueur
- 1/4 ounce of blue curacao
- 1/4 ounce of lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce of pineapple juice
- 1/4 ounce of simple syrup
#3 Liquid Marijuanas Cocktail
- Two ½ ounces sweet and sour mix
- Two ½ ounce pineapple juice
- ½ ounce Malibu rum
- 1/2 ounce light rum
- 1/2 ounce apple schnapps
- 1/2 ounce blue curacao
Frequently Asked Questions About Liquid Marijuanas Drinks
Can I turn my drink into a shot?
Yes, you can turn your liquid marijuanas drink into a shot. The first one discussed is a shot.
Does the liquid marijuanas drink contain marijuana?
No, it doesn’t. If you’re trying to avoid drugs or substances like weed, you are good to go. However, if you’re looking to get stoned, you probably should check out cannabis-infused drinks. It is called liquid weed or marijuana because of the green color of the drink.